Saturday, January 31, 2015

Fox Quilt Progress

I finally got around to taking pictures of my fox quilt blocks! 


They are turning out really nice! So far paper piecing is awesome. There are just a couple things that I will do differently next time.

 Lesson #1: Don't cut out all your fabric until you've sewn a practice block. Most of my pieces were the right size, but I messed up and cut all the ears out slightly too small. Luckily I had some extra fabric and was able to cut out new pieces.

Lesson #2: Cut out the pieces with a seam allowance bigger than the usual 0.25". Maybe not everyone needs to do this, but I think I would enjoy the process more if I wasn't worried about aligning everything exactly right. Especially with the triangles! Those guys are tricky.

I think I will be doing a lot more paper piecing in the future!



No comments:

Post a Comment