Sunday, May 10, 2015

Fox Quilt Finished!

Hooray! I finished up the quilting yesterday and put on the binding. It's my favorite quilt I've made so far! It's also the first time I used an actual binding instead of just folding the backing over the front. I think it definitely looks much cleaner this way!



All finished!


And here it is again after washing... Different lighting so the colors look slightly different (this is closer to how they look in reality), but really all that has changed is that is now has a slight crinkle from the batting shrinking... Looks great!


On the back you can see the quilted outlines of the foxes! I also really like that the binding is a great accent for both the front and the backing.


Close-up of the backing fabric because it's so darn cute!


Now hopefully I can move on to moving back to finishing my periodic table quilt!

p.s. Shout out to my mom on Mother's Day for inspiring me with a love of sewing and crafting! And for letting me take her sewing machine with me to St. Louis!! You rock, Mumsie!



No comments:

Post a Comment